Ricotta Hotcakes w/ Poached Pears & Butterscotch Sauce
All my single male friends out there, take note now. If you’re looking for a way to win over a woman, you’ve just found it. A serving of these decadent Ricotta Hotcakes with Poached Pears and Butterscotch Sauce in bed will guarantee you success in the romance department. The light, fluffy hotcakes and soft, spiced poached pears all drowned in butterscotch sauce will cause a woman to completely lose sight of all obstacles your budding relationship may have previously faced and she will be 100% yours. Well until she finishes off the last bite anyway. After that, you’re on your own.
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, to cook
- Whisk the ricotta, milk, egg yolks and vanilla together until combined. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to make a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into the batter until just combined.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook dollops of the batter for 1 – 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with poached pears and butterscotch sauce.
- 4 small pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 cloves, whole
- 2 tablespoons raw caster sugar
- Combine all ingredients except pears in a large pan. Bring to the boil, stir to ensure sugar has dissolved and then reduce to a low simmer.
- Add the pears and cover the pan with a lid. Poach until the pears are just cooked through.
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 200 grams cold butter
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and allow the sauce to reduce for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.